Updated Measures: June 2020
In light of the recent government advice we have accordingly updated our practice measures.
We are now open for patients - following a phone triage and/or virtual appointment - who:
Require assessment and treatment in a clinical environment
Would benefit from ‘hands-on’ treatment
Ongoing Injury Management/Rehabilitation
Are not shielding from Covid-19
At Bristol Physio we take your health, and the health of our staff, extremely seriously; therefore please consider the following before deciding whether to make a Face to Face Appointment or whether a Video Consultation may be more appropriate for you:
Evaluate the Risks
We would welcome patients to make an appointment after evaluating the risks to themselves and their immediate family members. Whilst we will maintain the highest levels of cleanliness within our clinic – see here for what we are doing to maintain our clinical environment including the application of PPE and follow all the NHS and government protocols – there will still be a small risk of exposure.
If you, or people you live with, are in a ‘high-risk’ category – or you have any concerns – please consider our virtual video appointments.
People who live with persons who are High Risk: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk-from-coronavirus/if-you-live-with-someone-at-very-high-risk-from-coronavirus/
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
We will be in moderate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This will include single-use masks and aprons as standard, and visors and gloves as needed. Our work clothes will stay at work and will be cleaned at 60ₒ. See more here.
As always, the safety of our clients and team members remains our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Clinics will be limited to our Clifton & Birdwell locations for the time-being
- There will be a maximum of 2 clinicians and a receptionist in the building at Clifton
- Waiting room will be 1 person at a time, or you will be asked to wait in your vehicle until called
- Couches, Pillows & Equipment will be wiped down with anti-viral wipes after each use
- Towels will be single use and washed at 60ₒ+
- We have a robust deep cleaning and isolation policy in place
- Our team members are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating procedures
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our clinics (including, door handles, bathrooms, etc.) using hospital-grade disinfectant
- We have hand sanitisers at all locations and in all clinic rooms
- We may automatically ask that persons in the high-risk categories conduct all appointments via video and strongly recommend those who live with high-risk persons do so too
Attending the Clinic
- You will be asked to wash your hands on entering and exiting the building
- You will have your temperature checked using a laser thermometer
- If you are displaying any symptoms you will be politely asked to return home and follow self-isolation measures. We can always arrange a virtual consultation at a later date.
- You may ask for extra precautions such as the use of visors, gloves and 2 metre distancing rule where possible
- You will have access to antibacterial hand sanitisers
Rest assured that we want to work in the safest possible environment.
- Our video assessments are due to be raised from £30 to £48 in line with our Face2Face Appointment Price – £30 for May, £40 in June and (once the clinic is open) £48 in July/August
- The consultation includes full assessment, diagnosis, self-management advice and exercise prescription
- An email link will be sent to you at the appointment time, this link is live for your appointment only and will open in Google Chrome. Click ‘Join Meeting’ to start. This is a secure server link run via Whereby and links to our medical records system
- Payment can be made over the phone or via bank transfer
If you need to adjust your existing appointment into a video call, simply give us a call on 01179237506, or contact us via email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would warmly appreciate any comments and questions to the clinic via email@example.com or 01179237506.
We will aim to get further information regarding our clinics reopening as soon as we possibly can.
Bristol Physio Ltd